What is CBG?
Cannabigerol (CBG) is one of the over 120 cannabinoids compounds along with its cannabidiol (CBD) and tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) found in hemp. CBG is the first compound to form in each of these plants and as such carries out a unique function as the precursor to all other cannabinoids, including THC and CBD.
What’s the difference between CBG and CBD?
- Effect on the body
- Chemical structures
- Concentrations within hemp or cannabis – CBG is much smaller.
- Non-psychoactive substances
- Anti-inflammatory or anti-bacterial properties
What are the potential benefits of CBD?
- Could offer treatment potential for IBS and colitis –US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health
- CBG could help with skin conditions such as acne and eczema – US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health
- The anti-inflammatory powers of CBG could create neuroprotective properties for conditions like Huntington’s, Parkinson’s, and Alzheimer’s–US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health