The CBD oil market is exploding; there are more customers than ever, and there is an ever-growing number of businesses jumping into the market. So how are you supposed to stand out from your competition when there are so many limitations on advertising? Read on to learn about these limitations and some ideas about how you can promote your business.
Where You Can’t Advertise CBD Businesses and Products
Facebook – Currently, (May 2019) Facebook does not allow drug-related products to be advertised on the platform, even if it’s legal where you are. Some companies have been able to get around their policy by angling their marketing as medical assistance, which they do allow. However, doing his may be more trouble than it’s worth. You can have a business Facebook page, but again be sure your posts don’t violate Facebook’s policies.
Twitter – Twitter also won’t allow CBD-related paid advertising, but like Facebook, you can still use it as a social media platform as long as you’re careful about the kind of posts you make and that you avoid making health claims, no matter how valid they may be.
Instagram – Since Instagram is owned by Facebook, it won’t allow CBD ads on the platform. However, they aren’t quite as stringent about policing profiles, so you can post images and text about your brand, photos of your farm, informational content, and link to your site. But, again, beware posting anything that makes a direct claim of health benefits.
So, with so many online advertising channels unavailable, how can you find customers?
What You Can Do
Your Site – use your website as a base and utilize content marketing and SEO best practices to draw traffic to your site.
Affiliate Marketing – affiliate marketing is where you let select websites and influencers promote your products, and you give them a commission for any sales they make.
Pay an Influencer – if you know an influencer who uses CBD, and you have the budget, you may be able to pay them to promote your company.
Use Directories and Listing Sites – sites like ours are the best way to advertise if you have the ability to sell your CBD products face-to-face. When customers are looking for a little more guidance in the product they pick or if they are concerned about ordering an unknown product online, they’ll look for a local CBD specialist store, vape store, hemp farm, or processor.
Benefits of Using LocateLocalCBD.com
- It Builds Trust – when you are local and have a place where customers can go to talk to someone and purchase your CBD oil business’ products, you instantly build trust.
- Customers are Ready to Buy – customers who search on local directories are serious about going out to make a purchase.
- Get Local Customers – some customers prefer the one-on-one interaction and the ability to look at or smell the CBD product they want to buy, instead of ordering cold online. These customers are especially loyal and will only purchase from you for life.
- It’s Affordable – you can register your business on our directory for free, and later upgrade to highlight your business on the site.
- It Builds Authority – a listing on LocateLocalCBD.com will also help you build authority on Google, so when your customers search “CBD in your state” you’ll be one of the first to appear.
Ready to add your business? Join Click here to get started or click “Add or Claim Business” in the menu bar.